Can I get Discover it - Cashback Match if I have little to no credit?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Rafael L G.

Can I get Discover it - Cashback Match if I have little to no credit?

Postby Rafael L G. » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 pm

What is the exact credit score required to apply for this card
Fees and APR
Annual Fee: $0
Foreign Transaction Fee: None.
0% Intro Purchase APR: 0% APR for the first 14 months, then Purchase APR.
Purchase APR: 11.99% - 23.99% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
Balance Transfers: 0% Intro APR for 14 months, then Purchase APR. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each transfer.

I have applied several times for a discover card and have been denied each time. Granted I have little to no credit however I do not have unpaid debt. I have paid off two car loans and still because I have no other credit card my score never changes. If it does it goes down a few points then back to it's steady number.

jocelynadvisor

Re: Can I get Discover it - Cashback Match if I have little to no credit?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:16 pm

Discover it - Cashback Match is available to those with excellent, good or average credit (usually a credit score above 670), and there are other factors considered that may lead to your application being denied, such as your income. You can learn more about the factors that affect credit card applications by reading this blog post.

It might be that you will need to use a secured credit card for a while to build up your credit scores, and you're in luck because the Discover it Secured Card - No Annual Fee earns 2% cash back on up to $1,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations per quarter and 1% cash back on every purchase, includes the first-year cashback match bonus and does not charge an annual fee.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”