Do I have to start using Discover it - Cashback Match at a specific time to earn cash back?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Marlen

Do I have to start using Discover it - Cashback Match at a specific time to earn cash back?

Postby Marlen » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:31 pm

I would like to know if I have to start using the credit card next year for me to get the cash back or I can start using it next month.

jocelynadvisor

Re: Do I have to start using Discover it - Cashback Match at a specific time to earn cash back?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:46 pm

You can begin using your Discover it - Cashback Match as soon as you receive it, and you will earn a standard 1% cash back on all purchases no matter what. If you want to earn 5% cash back, you will need to make sure that you have activated the current cashback categories. The final quarter of 2017 is nearly over (Dec. 31), but if you received the card today, you could activate those categories and begin earning 5% cash back at Target and Amazon.com almost immediately. Regarding the cashback match bonus, you will earn that based on a year from the date when you first open your account -- so if you open your Discover card in December 2017, you will receive your cashback match bonus sometime around December 2018.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”