Is the Discover it - Cashback Match different from my Discover it card?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Teresa D.

Is the Discover it - Cashback Match different from my Discover it card?

Postby Teresa D. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:41 pm

I currently have a Discover It card. Can I change it to a Discover It - Cashback Match card or do I apply for the new card and transfer any balance to the new card from the old card & close the Discover It account?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Is the Discover it - Cashback Match different from my Discover it card?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:04 pm

If you already have a Discover it credit card in your wallet, then your card is one in the same as the Discover it - Cashback Match. The cashback match in the offer title refers to a special intro offer that is only available to new applicants who are brand new Discover customers. Unfortunately, most limited-time offers are designed to draw in new customers, and are not applied to existing cardholders. You can learn more about why this is by reading this post on the topic. Additionally, note that balance transfers between two credit cards within the same credit card issuer are not typically possible -- again, balance transfers are commonly used to bring new customers to a credit card issuer.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”