Will I be charged interest by Discover it - Cashback Match for any unpaid balance after 14 months?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Bill H.

Will I be charged interest by Discover it - Cashback Match for any unpaid balance after 14 months?

Postby Bill H. » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:59 am

If I had this card, and made an $8000 purchase, then paid $5000 back in the 14 month-0% period, and owed $3000, would I be charged interest on the $3000?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Will I be charged interest by Discover it - Cashback Match for any unpaid balance after 14 months?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Yes, your example is correct. During the 14-month 0% intro APR period, purchases (as well as balance transfers) made with Discover it - Cashback Match will not accrue interest. However, if you have any remaining balance once the promotional period is over, you will begin accruing interest on that amount. You can learn more about this by reading our post about common 0% intro APR myths.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”