How do Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card miles work?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Tom Brennan

How do Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card miles work?

Postby Tom Brennan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:49 pm

If purchase a plane ticket for $500 with How do Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card miles, I understand that I would get X2 miles, or 1,000 miles for that purchase. Do I also get airline points (miles) from the airline?

tasha

Re: How do Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card miles work?

Postby tasha » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:41 pm

As you mentioned, Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card will earn 2 miles for each $1 you spend on purchases. So yes, per your example if you spend $500 you'll earn 1,000 miles. To use these miles, just book your travel however you'd like on whatever airline or at whichever hotel you'd like. Then redeem your earned miles as a statement credit against this purchase. Or if you don't want to use your miles for travel, you could choose to redeem them for cash, gift cards, brand-name merchandise, and more.

You do not earn both Capital One Venture Rewards miles AND airline miles. Airline miles are completely separate from the way this card works. We like Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card because it gives you more flexibility with your miles than a standard frequent travel program (ie, a hotel or airline program) would.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card”