Does American Express require that I pay my Blue Cash Preferred Card bill in full each month?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
Steve

Does American Express require that I pay my Blue Cash Preferred Card bill in full each month?

Postby Steve » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:53 pm

I have heard that with American Express cards, you are not allowed to carry a balance from month to month. In other words, you must pay in full each month. Is this correct?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Does American Express require that I pay my Blue Cash Preferred Card bill in full each month?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 pm

This is a common misconception that people have because American Express also offers charge cards, which operate differently from credit cards, and do require the entire statement to be paid in full each month. Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express is a credit card, which means you are free to carry a balance and will not have any problems so long as you pay the minimum amount due each month. That said, we encourage everyone to try and pay their statements in full each month to prevent accruing interest on the balance.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express”