Is there a balance transfer fee with Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
Debra

Is there a balance transfer fee with Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express?

Postby Debra » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:31 pm

What do you mean by transfer fee?
I will be paying the card through connecting my bank and paying by transferring that way through a link. Will I pay for that?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Is there a balance transfer fee with Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:50 pm

For each balance transfer you conduct between an existing credit card and your Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express, you will be charged a small balance transfer fee, which will be added to your card balance. This fee is either 3% of the amount transferred or $5, whichever is greater. Although you might balk at the thought of paying a fee to transfer your balance, remember that this is a one-time fee which is probably far less in the long run than you're currently paying in interest on your other credit card(s).

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express”