Can I earn 6% cash back when I use Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express outside the U.S.?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
Bonnie

Can I earn 6% cash back when I use Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express outside the U.S.?

Postby Bonnie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:49 pm

does the 6% cash back work in countries other than the USA?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Can I earn 6% cash back when I use Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express outside the U.S.?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:54 pm

No, according to the terms and conditions for Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express, you can only earn additional cash back (6% on groceries and 3% on gas and select department store purchases) when you shop within the U.S. You should also bear in mind that there's a foreign transaction fee of 2.7% of each transaction when you use Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express outside the U.S., so it's probably not the best credit card for traveling abroad.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express”