Can I earn 3% cash back with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express at Walmart?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express
Kathryn C.

Can I earn 3% cash back with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express at Walmart?

Postby Kathryn C. » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:20 pm

Does Walmart qualify as grocery store or department store?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Can I earn 3% cash back with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express at Walmart?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:15 pm

According to the information provided on the American Express website, Walmart is not a qualifying grocery store or department store. To qualify for 3% cash back on groceries, stores must be located within the U.S. and not be considered a superstore (like Walmart or Target), a warehouse store (like Costco or Sam's Club), a specialty store (such as a cheese shop or fish market), a convenience store or an online retailer like Amazon. While there is not a full list of stores that qualify, if you have a question about a specific store, you can contact American Express customer service at 1-800-528-4800. A full list of qualifying department stores, however, is available at the website we linked here.

Keep in mind, even if a purchase doesn't earn added cash back, it will still earn 1% cash back.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express”