What happens if my Discover it - Cashback Match credit line isn't enough for my balance transfer?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Patricia

What happens if my Discover it - Cashback Match credit line isn't enough for my balance transfer?

Postby Patricia » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 am

I was approved for this Discover. I need $13,000 for a transfer balance (2 cards). The response says the credit on the card was $5,500. Is that all I could get for a transfer balance? tks

jocelynadvisor

Re: What happens if my Discover it - Cashback Match credit line isn't enough for my balance transfer?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Your Discover it - Cashback Match credit limit was determined based on your creditworthiness and other information provided during your application. Sometimes, you aren't approved for the full amount needed to cover the balance you want to transfer. I wrote a blog post detailing what you can do if you find yourself in this situation, which you can read here. Even if you can't transfer the full amount yet, it's worth noting that you can still transfer a substantial amount of your existing balance and save interest while you pay it off.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”