Do I only get 5% cash back with Discover it - Cashback Match for the first year?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Larry P.

Do I only get 5% cash back with Discover it - Cashback Match for the first year?

Postby Larry P. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:17 am

Is the 5% cash back for the 1st year only.
What about moving cash balances from other credit cards?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Do I only get 5% cash back with Discover it - Cashback Match for the first year?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello, Larry. Discover it - Cashback Match cardholders can earn 5% cash back on quarterly rotating categories beyond the first year. However, if you qualify for the cashback match offer, you will only receive that bonus one time at the end of your first year owning the card.

You can initiate a balance transfer during your application as well as any time after you are approved by contacting Discover customer service. Keep in mind, you can only transfer a balance equal to or below your credit limit. You will be charged a 3% balance transfer fee for each transfer. Note that the 0% intro APR period for balance transfers begins when your account opens, so if you transfer a balance later on, you will have whatever is left of that time period at the time your transfer is complete. That's why it's important to try and transfer balances when you first get your new credit card.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”