Can I apply for Discover it - Cashback Match if my credit reports are frozen?

Questions, reviews and discussions about the Discover it - Cashback Match credit card.
Frances C.

Can I apply for Discover it - Cashback Match if my credit reports are frozen?

Postby Frances C. » Wed May 17, 2017 11:23 am

I have my credit 'frozen' at the 3 credit card companies. Do I need to unfreeze them before applying for your card?

jocelynadvisor

Re: Can I apply for Discover it - Cashback Match if my credit reports are frozen?

Postby jocelynadvisor » Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm

Yes, you will need to lift the credit freeze with each of the three credit bureaus before applying for Discover it - Cashback Match or any other credit card, loan or other type of new credit. Make sure you give it enough time to process before applying, to ensure that you aren't denied. You can learn more about how to do this by reading our blog post on the topic.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. It is not the credit card issuer's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer's Affiliate Program. This content was accurate at the time of this post, but card terms and conditions may change at any time.

Return to “Discover it - Cashback Match”