Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card Review
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card's intro bonus just increased from a nice $150 to a tremendous $200 cash back after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months - a large bonus indeed. You'll also earn an ongoing unlimited 1.5% cash back on virtually all purchases. It's a convenient way to get cash rewards on everything you buy with your card, without having to sign up for rotating categories or jump through any additional hoops. As an added bonus, during the first 12 months you have your card you'll earn 1.8% back when using Android PayTM and Apple PayTM mobile wallets. Plus, your potential cash back is unlimited, so you can use your card as much as you want, knowing you won't run into any cash back limits.
In addition to the cash rewards, the Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card features a 12-month 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers. This can be very helpful in making any large (or small) purchases, as it gives you over a year of interest-free time help pay down your balance. It's almost like an interest-free loan for 12 months on things you buy with your card. Plus, if you're carrying a balance on other high-APR cards you can save some money but transferring your balance over to this card. There is an introductory balance transfer fee of 3% for 12 months, after that the fee is 5%. Although it's never fun to pay fees, it might be worth your while - to find out for sure either way use our free Balance Transfer Calculator.
Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card includes an unusual and intriguing benefit - cellular (aka, mobile) telephone protection. This feature will reimburse you for damage or theft to your mobile phone, up to $600 per claim. There is a $25 deductible and a maximum of 2 claims in a 12-month period, but it's still a pretty awesome card perk. To qualify you just need to use your card to pay for your monthly cellular wireless telephone bill, which is pretty easy to set up with your mobile phone provider.
All cardholders can easily redeem their cash rewards as a statement credit, for a paper check, for merchandise or gift cards, or for travel via their online portal. If you're a Wells Fargo customer, you can choose to direct deposit to your Wells Fargo checking or savings account, through a Wells Fargo ATM in $20 increments (note that you need a Wells Fargo Debit or ATM card to do this), via statement credit, or by requesting a paper check. You also have the option of applying your cash back as a credit to a qualifying Wells Fargo credit product like a mortgage or loan.
Overall this is a great combination cash back and 0% intro APR card with a huge $200 intro bonus. Wells Fargo customers have more redemption options that non-Wells-Fargo-customers, although even if you're not a customer you can still get cash back via a statement credit or paper check. Or take a look at the non-bank-denominational Chase Freedom Unlimited card which also offers 1.5% unlimited cash back but a slightly lesser $150 intro bonus.
- NEW! Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on virtually every purchase.
- Enjoy 1.8% cash rewards on qualified mobile wallet purchases, like Apple Pay® or Android PayTM, during the first 12 months from account opening.
- No category restrictions or sign ups and cash rewards don't expire as long as your account remains open.
- Get up to $600 protection on your cell phone (subject to $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft when you pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa® Card.
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a 13.74%-25.74% variable APR; balance transfer fees apply.
- $0 Annual Fee.
- Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions.
- Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
- Earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on virtually every purchase.
- Earn 1.8% cash rewards on Android PayTM or Apple PayTM mobile wallet net purchases during the first 12 months from account opening.
- Redeem rewards for cash back via direct deposit to a Wells Fargo savings or checking account, at a Wells Fargo ATM, or by physical check. You can also redeem for gift cards, merchandise and travel.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction converted to U.S. dollars.
- Purchase APR: 0% intro APR for 12 months, then 13.74%-25.74% variable APR, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% intro APR for 12 months, then 13.74%-25.74% variable APR, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% for the first 12 months, then 5%.
|Features:||Earn $200 bonus after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 3 months; earn 1.5% cash back on virtually every purchase|
|Purchase APR:||0% intro APR for 12 months, then 13.74%-25.74% (variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR:||0% intro APR for 12 months, then 13.74%-25.74% (variable)|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent / Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Barclaycard vs. Wells Fargo: The Battle of the Unlimited Cash Back Credit Cards
Picking a credit card is a big decision, as you want to make sure you select a card that fits your […]
- Mastercard Unveils Cards with Built-in Fingerprint Scanners: Are They More Secure?
Last week, Mastercard unveiled a new EMV card with an added feature – a fingerprint scanner which will be used […]
- 4 Personal Finance Lessons to Teach Your Children
Having a solid grasp of money and credit is necessary for any responsible and financially-literate person. Unfortunately, though, it’s one […]
- The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Adds an Impressive 20,000 Bonus Points
Want to earn rewards on everyday purchases and get a hefty intro bonus? The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card […]