Discover it® for Students Review: Credit Cards
|Apply for a Discover it® for Students card
Combines cash-back rewards with a 6-month 0% intro APR on purchases & balance transfers
The Discover it® for Students is great student card that offers both a 0% APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months and the opportunity to earn significant cash rewards. Cardholders can take advantage of 5% cash back (up to $1,500 in purchases) in rotating quarterly categories and 1% cash back on all other purchases. And for the individualists out there, there are a number of fun card art styles to choose from.
- Fair. No annual fee. No overlimit fee. No foreign transaction fee. No late fee on your first late payment. And paying late won't increase your APR.*
- 5% cash back at gas stations on up to $1,500 in purchases from July through September 2014 when you sign up*. 1% cash back on all other purchases automatically.*
- Human. Talk to a real person any time with 100% U.S.-based service.
- Looks out for you - since each Discover purchase is monitored. If it's unusual, you're alerted by e-mail, phone or text - and never responsible for unauthorized Discover card purchases.*
- 0% intro APR* on purchases for 6 months, then the standard variable purchase APR of 12.99% - 21.99%.
- *Click "Apply" to see rates, rewards and other information.
- Earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases within select categories that rotate quarterly.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases, with no limit on how much you can earn.
- Earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus through exclusive online shopping mall.
- Rewards are redeemable in $20 increments.
- Deposit into your bank account or credit your Discover card account.
- Turn your cash rewards into more when you redeem for gift cards or eCertificates from over 100 brand-name Partners.
Fees and APR
- No annual fee.
- 0% Intro Purchase APR: 0% APR for the first 6 months, then Purchase APR.
- Purchase APR: 12.99% - 21.99% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfers: 6 month, 0% Intro APR for for transfers under this offer that post to your account by February 10, 2014, then Purchase APR. Balance transfer fee is 3% of the amount of each transfer.
* See the online credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the issuer's website.
Apply for a Discover it® for Students card
|Purchase APR:||12.99% - 21.99 V|
(0% for first 6 months)
|Features:||5% cash back on purchases within select categories; 1% on all other purchases|
|Annual Fee :||None|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
Best Credit Cards for Back to School Shopping
It's about that time to start stocking up on school supplies for the new school year. While back-to-school spending can get out of control, one way to compensate is to use the best credit cards when buying all of your school supplies. Many credit cards offer up to 5% cash back on some of the [...]
Best Credit Cards for Cash Back on Gas
Gas prices have gotten out of control, right? It seems like you can't fill up your car for less than a night on the town. If you are frustrated with how much you are paying for gas, it might make sense to get a little cash back at the pump. There are a few credit [...]
The Plum Card From AmEx OPEN Limited Time Offer
The Plum Card from American Express OPEN (a NextAdvisor advertiser) just launched a new limited time promotion – get up to 3.5% back in the first 3 months! This is based on the core feature of the card, a 1.5% discount on the portion of your card balance that is paid within 10 days of [...]
Discover it® for Students Forum Posts
- Discover it for Students
Here is NextAdvisor's review for the Discover it for Students:
Copyright© 2006 - 2014 NextAdvisor.com - All rights reserved.
Advertiser Disclosure: NextAdvisor.com is a consumer information site that offers free, independent reviews and ratings of online services. We receive advertising revenue from most but not all of the companies whose products and services we review. For credit cards, we review cards from all of the top 10 US issuers by purchase volume (according to Issue 1035 of The Nilson Report, Feb 2014) excluding issuers that require additional accounts to be a cardholder or private label issuers. We may also review cards from other issuers in select cases. We are independently owned and operated and all opinions expressed on this site are our own.