Discover it® chrome Review
Card users will also enjoy 2% cash back automatically (you don't have to sign up each quarter!) on up to $1,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations each quarter and 1% cash back on all other purchases. In addition, Discover will double the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year. This is a pretty big deal, and a bonus structure we haven't seen outside of Discover cards. That means if you earned $250 at the end of year one, you'll get an extra $250 for a $500 total! The bonus is only offered for the first year and doesn't apply to future years, but it's still a pretty nice perk.
The card also features a 14-month 0% APR on all purchases and balance transfers. A whole year with zero interest is a decent amount of time to start paying down any balances you transfer over to the card, and maybe even enough time to pay them off completely. Plus any purchases you make will interest-free during the first 14 months. There is a 3% balance transfer fee to consider, but depending upon the interest rates you're currently paying it could be a smart move. To find out for sure, use our free and easy Balance Transfer Calculator.
Discover it® chrome cardmembers will also enjoy a free TransUnion FICO® Score on their monthly statement. Even though you won't receive you Equifax and Experian scores, getting a free TransUnion FICO® Score each month is a great feature and can help you keep track of your credit health. For the international travelers out there, you'll pay no foreign transaction fees on your purchases which can help save some money when you're making purchases outside the U.S.
We recommend Discover it® chrome for anyone interested in healthy cash back rewards as well as a saving interest fees with a 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases.
Highlights From Discover
- Get a dollar-for-dollar match of all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- 2% cash back at restaurants and gas stations on up to $1,000 in combined purchases every quarter—no sign-ups needed. Plus, 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
- Redeem your cash back for any amount, any time. Cash rewards never expire.
- 100% U.S. based customer service.
- Get your FICO® Credit Score for free on monthly statements, on mobile and online.
- No annual fee.
- Click "APPLY NOW" to see rates, rewards, FICO® Credit Score terms, Cashback Match™ details & other information.
- Discover matches all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year - automatically. Only for new cardmembers.
- 2% cash back automatically on up to $1,000 in combined purchases at restaurants and gas stations every quarter - no sign-ups needed.
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all your other purchases.
- Earn 5% to 20% Cashback Bonus through exclusive online shopping mall.
- Rewards are redeemable in any amount at any time.
- Deposit into your bank account or credit your Discover card account.
- Turn your cash rewards into more when you redeem for gift cards or eCertificates from over 100 brand-name Partners.
- Pay for your Amazon.com purchases with cash back rewards. $1 cash back = $1 at checkout.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Foreign Transaction Fee: None.
- Purchase APR: 0% for 14 months, then 11.74% – 23.74% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfers APR: 0% Intro APR for 14 months, then 11.74% – 23.74% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transfer.
|Features:||2% cash back on up to $1,000 quarterly in combined purchases on restaurants & gas; 1% on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR:||0% for 14 months, then 11.74% – 23.74% Variable|
|Balance Transfer APR:||0% for 14 months, then 11.74% – 23.74% Variable|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good, Average|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Barclaycard vs. Wells Fargo: The Battle of the Unlimited Cash Back Credit Cards
Picking a credit card is a big decision, as you want to make sure you select a card that fits your […]
- Mastercard Unveils Cards with Built-in Fingerprint Scanners: Are They More Secure?
Last week, Mastercard unveiled a new EMV card with an added feature – a fingerprint scanner which will be used […]
- 4 Personal Finance Lessons to Teach Your Children
Having a solid grasp of money and credit is necessary for any responsible and financially-literate person. Unfortunately, though, it’s one […]
- The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Adds an Impressive 20,000 Bonus Points
Want to earn rewards on everyday purchases and get a hefty intro bonus? The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card […]
Related Forum Posts
- How much do cash advances cost with this card?
Thank you for your question, Linda! The Discover it - 18 Month BT Offer charges a cash advance fee of either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash[...]