Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever Review
Unlike other credit cards, the Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever does not charge late fees, a nice feature for those that sometimes forget to pay on time. Plus it has automatic account alerts, letting you set up email and text notifications for when payments are due or you exceed your credit limit. It also will monitor your balance levels and alert you when it hits certain thresholds.
The Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever features an incredibly lengthy 21 month 0% introductory purchase and balance transfer APR, the longest 0% intro APR period of any card we've found. This feature makes it ideal for those who want to use the card for a big purchase or to transfer balances from other high interest rate credit cards. The 21-month 0% APR period can help you pay down your balance over time without worrying about accruing interest fees.
Card perks include the Citi Price Rewind service, which will look for a lower price on something you bought with your Citi card at retailer sites for up to 60 days after the purchase date. If a lower price is found, you can be refunded the difference between what you paid and the lower price - up to $300 (max. $1,200 annually). This service is particularly helpful for big-ticket items, giving you peace of mind that you got the best price. Additional card extras include free monthly Equifax FICO Scores, car rental insurance and travel assistance.
If you're looking for the longest possible 0% intro APR (21 months!), reasonable ongoing APRs and a great added benefit like no late fees, the Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever is the way to go. We highly recommend it, particularly for consolidating balances from other high-interest cards or if you want to pay no-interest for over 1.5 years on new purchases.
- The ONLY card with No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee… EVER.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.24% - 24.24% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period.
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day – just say "representative"
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of purchase amount.
- Purchase APR: 0%* APR for 21 months on Purchases*, then 14.24% - 24.24% (Variable).
- Balance Transfers APR: 0%* for 21 months on Balance Transfers*, then 14.24% - 24.24% (Variable).
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum.
- *Additional details can be found on the Citi landing page.
|Features:||Save money with a 0% intro APR on purchases and transfers, no late fees|
|Purchase APR:||0%* for 21 months on Purchases*, then 14.24% - 24.24% (Variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR:||0%* for 21 months on Balance Transfers*, then 14.24% - 24.24% (Variable)|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Adds an Impressive 20,000 Bonus Points
Want to earn rewards on everyday purchases and get a hefty intro bonus? The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card […]
- The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card Boosts Its Intro Bonus to $200
If you’re in the market for a new credit card, now may be the perfect time to apply for one. […]
- 5 Credit Card Fees You Should Know About
When it comes to credit card fees, things aren’t always easy to understand, especially when the card’s terms and conditions […]
- Should You Avoid Cash Advances?
If you’ve read the terms and conditions for any credit card, you’ve likely see something about cash advances, specifically a […]
Related Forum Posts
- Can existing cardholders take advantage of the Citi Simplicity Card's 21-month O% intro APR?
Great question! If you already have a Citi Simplicity Card, you cannot apply for another Citi Simplicity Card to take advantage of the 21-month 0%[...]
- Does the Citi Simplicity Card include identity theft protection?
The Citi Simplicity Card offers free identity theft assistance via its Citi Identity Theft Solutions. If your personal information has been stolen to[...]
- How long do I have to transfer a balance to Citi Simplicity and get a 21-month 0% APR?
Thanks for your question![...]
- Can I transfer 3 balances to the Citi Simplicity Card?
Yes, if you apply for the Citi Simplicity card and are approved you can transfer your existing balances from other cards to Citi Simplicity.[...]
- Does my credit score qualify me for Citi Simplicity?
Great question! The Citi Simplicity Card is available to those with just good (rather than excellent) credit. Good credit is typically thought to be a[...]