Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever Review
Unlike other credit cards, the Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever does not charge late fees, a nice feature for those that sometimes forget to pay on time. Plus it has automatic account alerts, letting you set up email and text notifications for when payments are due or you exceed your credit limit. It also will monitor your balance levels and alert you when it hits certain thresholds.
The Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever features an incredibly lengthy 21 month 0% introductory purchase and balance transfer APR, the longest 0% intro APR period of any card we've found. This feature makes it ideal for those who want to use the card for a big purchase or to transfer balances from other high interest rate credit cards. The 21-month 0% APR period can help you pay down your balance over time without worrying about accruing interest fees.
Card perks include the Citi Price Rewind service, which will look for a lower price on something you bought with your Citi card at retailer sites for up to 60 days after the purchase date. If a lower price is found, you can be refunded the difference between what you paid and the lower price - up to $300 (max. $1,200 annually). This service is particularly helpful for big-ticket items, giving you peace of mind that you got the best price. Additional card extras include car rental insurance and travel assistance.
If you're looking for the longest possible 0% intro APR (21 months!), reasonable ongoing APRs and a great added benefit like no late fees, the Citi Simplicity® Card - No Late Fees Ever is the way to go. We highly recommend it, particularly for consolidating balances from other high-interest cards or if you want to pay no-interest for over 1.5 years on new purchases.
- The ONLY card with No Late Fees, No Penalty Rate, and No Annual Fee… EVER.
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 21 months. After that, the variable APR will be 13.99% - 23.99% based on your creditworthiness.
- There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- The same great rate for all balances, after the introductory period.
- Save time when you call with fast, personal help, 24 hours a day – just say "representative"
- Enjoy the convenience of setting up your own bill payment schedule on any available due date throughout the month.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0*
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of purchase amount.
- Purchase APR: 0%* APR for 21 months on Purchases*, then 13.99% - 23.99% (Variable).
- Balance Transfers APR: 0%* for 21 months on Balance Transfers*, then 13.99% - 23.99% (Variable).
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of each balance transfer; $5 minimum.
- *Additional details can be found on the Citi landing page.
|Purchase APR:||0%* for 21 months on Purchases*, then 13.99% - 23.99% (Variable)|
|Features:||Save money with a 0% intro APR on purchases and transfers, no late fees|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Starwood Preferred Guest Cardholders Can Now Get Up to 35,000 Bonus Points
Are you a fan of Starwood Hotels, which includes popular names like The Ritz-Carlton, the Marriott and the Sheraton? If so, […]
- 3 Tips for Spring Cleaning Your Finances
Spring starts on March 20. While most people use the spring season to do a deep cleaning of their house […]
- Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature Card Offers 75,000 Bonus Points for a Limited Time
If you frequent Hilton-branded hotels, including Hilton Hotel & Resorts, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Double Tree Hotels, Hampton by Hilton […]
- Best Credit Cards for Your Spring Road Trip
Spring break is almost here! For many of us, that means planning a road trip with family or friends to […]
Related Forum Posts
- Can existing cardholders take advantage of the Citi Simplicity Card's 21-month O% intro APR?
Great question! If you already have a Citi Simplicity Card, you cannot apply for another Citi Simplicity Card to take advantage of the 21-month 0%[...]
- Does the Citi Simplicity Card include identity theft protection?
The Citi Simplicity Card offers free identity theft assistance via its Citi Identity Theft Solutions. If your personal information has been stolen to[...]
- How long do I have to transfer a balance to Citi Simplicity and get a 21-month 0% APR?
Thanks for your question![...]
- Can I transfer 3 balances to the Citi Simplicity Card?
Yes, if you apply for the Citi Simplicity card and are approved you can transfer your existing balances from other cards to Citi Simplicity.[...]
- Does my credit score qualify me for Citi Simplicity?
Great question! The Citi Simplicity Card is available to those with just good (rather than excellent) credit. Good credit is typically thought to be a[...]