Chase Slate® Review
Another great Chase Slate feature is there is no penalty APR. This means that your APR will not increase if you are late on a payment (this is more pertinent to after the 0% intro APR period). It's a big perk for those of us who might forget to pay on time every now and then, as paying late won't cause an increase in your ongoing interest rate.
You'll also get a free monthly Experian FICO® Score along with a credit dashboard that explains the reasons behind your score and provides helpful tips on ways to manage your credit health. Getting a free FICO® Score is a great way to assist in keeping track of your credit and even though the score is only from one credit bureau (Experian) and not all 3 of them, this is still a terrific bonus. Other card benefits include imbedded EMT chip technology, which makes travelling outside the U.S. easier, and Purchase Protection.
- Chase Slate named "Best Credit Card for Balance Transfers" three years in a row by MONEY Magazine
- $0 Introductory balance transfer fee for transfers made during the first 60 days of account opening
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers
- Monthly FICO® Score and Credit Dashboard for free
- No Penalty APR - Paying late won't raise your interest rate (APR). All other account pricing and terms apply
- $0 Annual Fee
Help Manage Finances
- Decide how much you want to pay each month or how fast you want to pay off the entire purchase.
- Set aside regular expenses, such as groceries, gasoline and medicine, to pay in full each month (thus not paying interest).
- Create a custom payment plan for larger purchases to ensure that you pay off the purchase on your terms.
- Comes with tracking tools that give you a snapshot of your purchases by category, in real time.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
- Purchase APR: 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months then 13.24%-23.24% variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months then 13.24%-23.24% Variable, depending on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: $0 balance transfer fee during the first 60 days your account is open. After the first 60 days the balance transfer fee is Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater..
|Purchase APR:||0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months, then 13.24%-23.24% variable|
|Features:||$0 introductory balance transfer fee during first 60 days your account is open; 0% intro APR on purchases and transfers|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- What to Do if Your Credit Card Application is Denied
Most people know the importance of establishing a positive credit history, and that failing to do so can severely limit […]
- What are Credit Reports and Credit Scores?
It’s pretty clear that there are some major benefits to maintaining a positive credit history, as good credit is central […]
- Everything You Need to Know About Balance Transfers
What do you do when you’ve gotten in over your head on your credit card payments and want to get […]
- Earn Money Toward a New GM Car with the BuyPower Card from Capital One
Planning to buy a new car? The BuyPower Card from Capital One offers hefty rewards that can be redeemed toward a new GM vehicle, plus additional benefits. Find out more.
Related Forum Posts
- How much will I be approved for on the Slate Chase?
The amount of money you will be approved to for to transfer to Chase Slate is determined by your credit limit. Your credit limit is determined by a[...]
- How do I apply for Chase Slate?
It' easy to apply for Chase Slate - just go to this URL:[...]
- What happens if I can't pay off the Slate from Chase card balance after 15 months?
After the introductory 15-month 0% APR period for balance transfers and purchases, Slate from Chase card members will pay a monthly interest fee on[...]
- How do I transfer another balance to the Slate from Chase card?
During the Slate from Chase application process you'll be able to indicate which other card balances you'd like to transfer to the Slate from Chase.[...]
- How does Slate from Chase balance transfer fee work?
The Slate from Chase card allows balance transfer free of charge during the first 60 days of card ownership. After that 60 day period has expired, the[...]