Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card Review
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Plus, earn 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 hotel every year after your account anniversary date!
- Earn unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get Free Night Stays faster
- Earn 5 points per $1 spent at participating Marriott Rewards & SPG hotels
- 2 points per $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants. Plus 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards Elite Status. Receive 15 Elite Credits guaranteeing Silver Elite Status or better.
- All for an $85 Annual Fee
- Points can be redeemed for Marriott hotel stays, vacations, airline miles or merchandise
- Hotel Redemption: It's easy to book free hotel stays with your Marriot Rewards points through the Marriot Rewards website. Members are able to choose from free nights at any Mariott brand hotel or resort, including the Ritz Carlton. The point cost depends upon the "category" or "tier" the hotel falls into, with pricier hotels tending to cost more points. The hotel rewards chart they publish matched up pretty well with our real-life findings.
- Flight Redemption: Marriot Rewards users have to exchange their Marriot points for airline miles in order to books flights. There is a vast array of Airlines to choose from, including Alaska Airlines, Continental, Delta, Hawaiian, Southwest, United and Virgin. However, the exchange rate for airline miles is rather poor and it takes 6 weeks for the exchanged miles to be posted to your airlines frequent mileage account so that you can use them to book flights.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $85.
- Foreign Transaction Fees: $0
- Purchase APR: 16.49 - 23.49% variable.
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.49 - 23.49% Variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
The information related to Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card has been collected by NextAdvisor.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
|Features:||80,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in first 3 months; 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott locations; 2 points for every $1 spent on qualifying airline, dining, and rental car purchases; 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR:||16.49 - 23.49% variable.|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- How Sharing a Credit Account Affects Your Credit Scores
Credit cards, personal loans, mortgages and other types of credit offer multiple account options, and keeping track of all of […]
- Can I Decline a Credit Card if I Change My Mind?
Applying for a new credit card is an exciting and somewhat nerve-racking experience. Whether you’re hoping to be approved for […]
- We Learned All About the Upgrades Coming to The Platinum Card from American Express
Editor’s Note: The Platinum Card from American Express is currently not available, but it will return (with the upgraded perks […]
- Which Airline-Branded Credit Cards are Best for Frequent Flyers?
If you fly frequently, whether it’s for business or leisure, you likely have a favorite airline that you choose to […]