Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card Review
- Earn 80,000 Bonus Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening
- Plus, earn 7,500 bonus points when you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- Enjoy 1 Free Night Stay at a Category 1-5 location every year after your account anniversary date!
- Earn unlimited Marriott Rewards points and get free stays faster
- Earn 5 points for every $1 spent at 4,000 participating Marriott locations, 2 points for every $1 spent on airline tickets purchased directly with the airlines, at car rental agencies & restaurants and 1 point everywhere else
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards points towards free nights
- The fastest way to earn Marriott Rewards Elite Status. Receive 15 Elite Credits guaranteeing Silver Elite Status or better. Plus, Earn 1 Elite Credit for every $3,000 spent on purchases
- All for an $85 Annual Fee
- Points can be redeemed for Marriott hotel stays, vacations, airline miles or merchandise
- Hotel Redemption: It's easy to book free hotel stays with your Marriot Rewards points through the Marriot Rewards website. Members are able to choose from free nights at any Mariott brand hotel or resort, including the Ritz Carlton. The point cost depends upon the "category" or "tier" the hotel falls into, with pricier hotels tending to cost more points. The hotel rewards chart they publish matched up pretty well with our real-life findings.
- Flight Redemption: Marriot Rewards users have to exchange their Marriot points for airline miles in order to books flights. There is a vast array of Airlines to choose from, including Alaska Airlines, Continental, Delta, Hawaiian, Southwest, United and Virgin. However, the exchange rate for airline miles is rather poor and it takes 6 weeks for the exchanged miles to be posted to your airlines frequent mileage account so that you can use them to book flights.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $85.
- Foreign Transaction Fees: None
- Purchase APR: 16.24%-23.24% variable.
- Balance Transfer APR: 16.24%-23.24% Variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
The information related to Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card has been collected by NextAdvisor.com and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
|Purchase APR:||16.24%-23.24% variable|
|Features:||80,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in first 3 months; 5 points for every $1 spent at Marriott locations; 2 points for every $1 spent on qualifying airline, dining, and rental car purchases; 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- What Happens When My Credit Card’s 0% Intro APR Runs Out?
When it comes to credit cards, there are a lot of misconceptions or rumors about how they function, and credit […]
- Citi Nearly Doubles Hilton HHonors’ Intro Bonus Points with Limited-Time Offer
If you frequently stay at any of the Hilton portfolio hotels, we have some great news for you. Citi has […]
- How to Get 10% Cash Back
Yes, it’s true — you can get a whopping 10% cash back on your purchases. In fact, it’s pretty easy […]
- What to Do if You Have Bad Credit
Having good credit is essential when it comes to things like getting approved for new credit cards, opening utilities in […]