Chase Freedom Unlimited℠ Review
Additionally, you'll enjoy a 15-month 0% intro APR on both purchases and balance transfers. This can help you make any large (or small) purchases and not pay a dime of interest for over a year. You can also transfer balances from other high-APR cards onto Chase Freedom Unlimited℠ and save on interest for 15 months. However, there is a fairly high 5% balance transfer fee, so if you're specifically looking for a balance transfer card and this is a concern use our free Balance Transfer Calculator to see what card is best for your situation.
You can redeem your rewards for cash at any time, for any amount, via an account statement credit or electronic deposit into a checking or savings account. Or you can use Chase's Ultimate Rewards portal to redeem them for gift cards, travel, and products or services. You can also combine your rewards points with other Chase cards that have Ultimate Rewards like Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Cash Business Card. When you use points to redeem for gift cards and travel, each point is worth $0.01, i.e. 100 points equals $1 in redemption value.
Overall we recommend this cash back card for its straightforward 1.5% cash back, 15-month 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers and its point usage flexibility.
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase - it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 15.74-24.49%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- Redeem for cash - any amount, anytime
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- No annual fee
- $150 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first 3 months.
- $25 bonus when you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase within this same 3-month period.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day.
- No rotating categories and no sign ups needed to earn cash rewards.
- Your cash back rewards don't expire as long as your account is open.
- Redeem cash back any time for any amount, even set up automatic redemption.
- Cash can be redeemed in the form of check, gift card or statement credit.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Purchase APR: 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months, then 15.74%-24.49% variable.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months, then 15.74%-24.49% Variable .
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
|Features:||Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening, Unlimited 1.5% cash back|
|Purchase APR:||0% Intro APR on Purchases for 15 months, then 15.74%-24.49% variable|
|Balance Transfer APR:||0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 15 months, then 15.74%-24.49% Variable|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- 4 Personal Finance Lessons to Teach Your Children
Having a solid grasp of money and credit is necessary for any responsible and financially-literate person. Unfortunately, though, it’s one […]
- The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card Adds an Impressive 20,000 Bonus Points
Want to earn rewards on everyday purchases and get a hefty intro bonus? The Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card […]
- The Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa Card Boosts Its Intro Bonus to $200
If you’re in the market for a new credit card, now may be the perfect time to apply for one. […]
- 5 Credit Card Fees You Should Know About
When it comes to credit card fees, things aren’t always easy to understand, especially when the card’s terms and conditions […]