Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® Review
Cardholders will earn 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases, a step above many travel cards who only offer extra mile earnings for purchases in specific categories. And the miles are easy to use too; just book your travel and then redeem your miles for a statement credit. Cardholders can use their miles to travel on any airline to any destination without seat restrictions or travel blackout dates. Plus, when you redeem your miles you'll get 5% of these miles back, which is equivalent to a 5% bonus. For example, redeeming 10,000 miles will get you 500 miles deposited into your Rewards bank. This is a significant perk, making it easy to save even more money enjoy extra rewards toward future purchases. In addition, cardholders will enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days of card membership — equal to a whopping $400 — and they can opt-in to receive free FICO® Scores.
Another feature users will appreciate is that they won't have to pay foreign transaction fees when traveling outside the U.S.. These fees can add up quickly, so not having to pay any is a definite money-saver. International travelers will also enjoy the fact that this card has Chip-and-PIN technology, a fairly necessary feature for using credit cards when travelling outside the U.S..
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 16.24% or 20.24%, depending on your creditworthiness
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit.
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem.
- Redeem miles for travel, statement credits, gift cards or merchandise.
- Redeem your miles by booking your flight and redeeming miles for a statement credit. Or redeem your miles for a statement credits toward cruises, car rentals, hotels and more.
- Minimum redemption amount is 5,000 miles.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $89 - waived first year.
- Foreign Transaction Fees: 0%
- Purchase APR: 16.24% or 20.24%* Variable, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening, then 16.24% or 20.24%* Variable.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3%, Minimum $5.
|Purchase APR:||16.24% or 20.24%* Variable|
|Features:||Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases; 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 in first 90 days|
|Annual Fee:||$89 - waived first year|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- What Happens When My Credit Card’s 0% Intro APR Runs Out?
When it comes to credit cards, there are a lot of misconceptions or rumors about how they function, and credit […]
- Citi Nearly Doubles Hilton HHonors’ Intro Bonus Points with Limited-Time Offer
If you frequently stay at any of the Hilton portfolio hotels, we have some great news for you. Citi has […]
- How to Get 10% Cash Back
Yes, it’s true — you can get a whopping 10% cash back on your purchases. In fact, it’s pretty easy […]
- What to Do if You Have Bad Credit
Having good credit is essential when it comes to things like getting approved for new credit cards, opening utilities in […]
Related Forum Posts
- Will my credit score qualify me for Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard?
Congratulations on raising your credit score! Unfortunately, a score of 618 may not qualify you for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite[...]
- Are there any blackout dates with Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard?
Happily, there are no restrictions or blackout dates when booking travel with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard. That's because you[...]
- Can I redeem Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard miles to pay for a cruise?
Yes, you can use your earned Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard miles to pay for a cruise. According to the card's terms and conditions[...]
- Can I pay for my mortgage with the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard?
Yes, you can use your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard to pay for your mortgage. However, check with your mortgage company first to see[...]
- Is there a minimum number of years I need to have the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard?
There is nothing in the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard terms and conditions requiring you to hold the card for any length of time. You[...]