Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard® Review
Cardholders will earn 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases, a step above many travel cards who only offer extra mile earnings for purchases in specific categories. And the miles are easy to use too; just book your travel and then redeem your miles for a statement credit. Cardholders can use their miles to travel on any airline to any destination without seat restrictions or travel blackout dates. Plus, when you redeem your miles you'll get 5% of these miles back, which is equivalent to a 5% bonus. For example, redeeming 10,000 miles will get you 500 miles deposited into your Rewards bank. This is a significant perk, making it easy to save even more money enjoy extra rewards toward future purchases. In addition, cardholders will enjoy 40,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of card membership — equal to a whopping $400 — and they can opt-in to receive free FICO® Scores.
Another feature users will appreciate is that they won't have to pay foreign transaction fees when traveling outside the U.S.. These fees can add up quickly, so not having to pay any is a definite money-saver. International travelers will also enjoy the fact that this card has Chip-and-PIN technology, a fairly necessary feature for using credit cards when travelling outside the U.S..
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases.
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem.
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad.
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country.
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR currently 15.99% or 19.99%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival card members.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that's enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit.
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem.
- Redeem miles for travel, statement credits, gift cards or merchandise.
- Redeem your miles by booking your flight and redeeming miles for a statement credit. Or redeem your miles for a statement credits toward cruises, car rentals, hotels and more.
- Minimum redemption amount is 5,000 miles.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $89 - Waived first year.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Purchase APR: 15.99% or 19.99% Variable APR, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening, then Purchase APR. Balance transfer fee is either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
|Purchase APR:||15.99% or 19.99% Variable|
|Features:||Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases; 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 in first 90 days|
|Annual Fee:||$89 - Waived first year|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- How Can I Get More from My Rewards Credit Card?
If you’ve ever had a rewards credit card, then you know that most come laden with plenty of perks to […]
- Chase Freedom Offers 10% Cash Back at Amazon.com
Hot off the press — from today through Dec. 31, Chase Freedom – $150 Bonus is offering an amazing 10% cash […]
- NEW: Barclaycard CashForward World Mastercard
Barclaycard has just launched the brand spanking new Barclaycard CashForward World Mastercard. It’s a cash back card with no annual fee that offers […]
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Launches Big Intro Bonus
If you like to travel, you’re in luck. Today Chase Sapphire Preferred launched its brand new intro bonus – 50,000 […]
Related Forum Posts
- re:What is the balance transfer fee for the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard
According to the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard terms and conditions, the balance transfer fee is the same regardless of whether you[...]
- re:If I pay my balance in full each month do I still owe interest on the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite MC?
According to the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard terms and conditions: "We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your[...]
- If I pay my balance in full each month do I still owe interest on the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite MC?
I understand that the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard charges 14 or 19 percent for purchases. If I pay off my balance, am I still charged[...]
- What is the balance transfer fee for the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard
What's the balance transfer fee for the first 45 days of account opening for the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard?
- re:Can I use the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard for all the same purchases as a debit card?
Yes, you can (and should) use the Barclay Arrival World Mastercard to buy all the same things you would with your debit card. You can pay for[...]