Susan G. Komen® Credit Card Review
Just like its sister card the BankAmericard Cash Rewards credit card, the cash back rewards are generous. You'll earn 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at wholesale clubs and grocery stores on up to $2,500 in combined gas, wholesale club and grocery store purchases each quarter, and 1% cash back on all other purchases. The 2% back at wholesale clubs can come in pretty handy if you do a decent amount of shopping at these establishments. You'll also get a $100 online-exclusive bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening (note: the card must be applied for online to receive the bonus).
Cardholders can save money with a 0% introductory APR for 12 billing cycles on purchases and any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, after that a 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR will apply. The balance transfer fee is 3% of the transferred amount, but it might be worth it depending upon your situation. To find out, use our free and easy Balance Transfer Calculator.
This card will particularly appeal to Bank of America customers, as it offers them an ongoing 10% cash reward bonus when they redeem their cash back rewards directly into their Bank of America® checking or savings account. And if you're a Gold, Platinum or Platinum Honors Bank of America® Preferred Rewards customer, you can increase that bonus to 25% to 75%.
Overall the Susan G. Komen® Credit Card is a great choice for anyone who wants to help contribute to an excellent charity while earning strong cash back rewards (2% back at wholesale clubs!).
- $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- From June 2015 through December 2020, Bank of America is guaranteeing to Susan G. Komen® $3 million in conjunction with its Pink Ribbon Banking credit card and checking program.
- Susan G. Komen ® has received more than $7 million from Bank of America from this program since 2009.
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and now at wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas up to the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter.
- No annual fee
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers.
- Earn 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at wholesale clubs and grocery stores for the first $2,500 in combined gas, wholesale club and grocery store purchases each quarter.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases everywhere, every time.
- Online-exclusive $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
- Bank of America customers will get a 10% cash reward bonus when they redeem their rewards directly into their Bank of America® checking or savings account.
- Redeem as a statement credit, a check, or an electronic deposit to a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0.00.
- Intro APR: 0% Intro APR for 12 billing cycles for balance transfers made in the first 60 days. Then 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR on balance transfers.
- Purchase APR: 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR on purchases, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR on balance transfers, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount.
- Penalty APR: up to 29.99% APR.
- Terms and Conditions
|Purchase APR:||0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles, then 13.49% - 23.49% Variable APR on purchases|
|Features:||Earn 3% cash back on gas, 2% back at wholesale clubs & grocery stores up to $2,500 gas/wholesale club/grocery store quarterly spend, 1% back on other purchases, $100 online bonus after spending at least $500 on purchases in first 90 days.|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Cash Back vs. Travel Rewards: How to Decide Between the Two
Choosing a rewards credit card is not always an easy feat. While some consumers know exactly what they want, others […]
- Can a Balance Transfer Improve My Credit?
Credit is important in many aspects of life, both financial and otherwise, and if you are dealing with less-than-perfect (or […]
- What are Your Options for Dealing with a Debt Collector?
Having a debt in collections is no fun for many reasons, but most of all because debt collectors have the […]
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
When it comes to choosing a travel rewards credit card, if you are a loyal customer of a specific airline, […]
Related Forum Posts
- What is the minimum for cash back redemption with the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Card?
According to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card terms and conditions, "When your cash rewards balance is $25 or more, you can redeem your[...]
- What kind of credit does BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card require?
Good news! You may qualify for the BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card with just good credit, which is typically considered to be a credit score[...]
- How can I know whether my BankAmericard Cash Rewards application was approved?
If you aren't sure whether your application for BankAmericard Cash Rewards was approved or not, you can contact customer service by phone at[...]
- Does BankAmericard Cash Rewards earn 3% cash back at all gas stations?
You are correct, Lynne. According to the terms and conditions, BankAmericard Cash Rewards cardholders earn 3% cash back on gas purchases which[...]
- Do I have to use my BankAmericard Cash Rewards redeemed rewards statement credit for travel?
When you redeem your BankAmericard Cash Rewards points for a statement credit, it will be applied to your credit card statement in general. You can[...]