BankAmericard Cash Rewards™ Credit Card Review
The cash back rewards are generous, with 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at wholesale clubs (including Costco) and grocery stores for up to $2,500 in combined gas, wholesale club and grocery store purchases each quarter, as well as 1% cash back on all other purchases. The wholesale club rewards are particularly appealing, as it is one of the few cards that will earn 2% back at these establishments. Plus, cardholders will earn a $100 online-exclusive bonus after making at least $500 in purchases within the first 90 days of card ownership (you must apply for this card online to receive the bonus).
This card is also great for Bank of America customers, as it offers them an ongoing 10% cash reward bonus when they redeem their cash back rewards directly into their Bank of America® checking or savings account. And if you're a Gold, Platinum or Platinum Honors Bank of America® customer, you'll receive even more of a bonus, ranging from 25% to 75%.
Overall, this is a terrific card for anyone who wants to earn significant cash back rewards, and it comes with the added perk of earning 2% back at Costco and other warehouse club stores (on up to $2,500 in gas, grocery and warehouse club purchases quarterly). Additionally you can take advantage of the 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers.
- No annual fee
- $100 online cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 1% cash back on every purchase, 2% at grocery stores and now at wholesale clubs, and 3% on gas up to the first $2,500 in combined grocery/wholesale club/gas purchases each quarter.
- No changing categories and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles for purchases AND for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, then, 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers.
- Get a 10% customer bonus every time you redeem your cash back into a Bank of America® checking or savings account
- If you're a Preferred Rewards client, you can increase that bonus to 25% - 75%. Click "Apply Now" to learn more about Preferred Rewards.
- Earn 3% cash back on gas and 2% cash back at wholesale clubs and grocery stores for the first $2,500 in combined gas, grocery store and wholesale club purchases each quarter.
- Earn 1% cash back on all other purchases everywhere, every time.
- Online-exclusive $100 cash rewards bonus after you spend at least $500 on purchases in the first 90 days of account opening.
- Bank of America customers will earn a 10% cash reward bonus when they redeem their rewards directly into their Bank of America® checking or savings account.
- Redeem as a statement credit, a check, or an electronic deposit to a Bank of America checking or savings account.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0.
- Intro APR: 0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles and for any balance transfers made in first 60 days.
- Purchase APR: 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR on purchases, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer APR: 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR on balance transfers, depending on credit history.
- Balance Transfer Fee: 3% of the amount of each transaction or $10, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 3% of the transaction amount.
- Penalty APR: up to 29.99% APR
- Terms and Conditions
|Purchase APR:||0% Introductory APR on purchases for 12 billing cycles, then 13.24% - 23.24% Variable APR on purchases|
|Features:||Earn 3% cash back on gas and 2% at wholesale clubs & grocery stores for first $2,500 in combined gas, wholesale club & grocery store purchases quarterly, 1% back on other purchases, $100 online-exclusive bonus after spending at least $500 in first 90 days|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- What to Do if Your Credit Card Application is Denied
Most people know the importance of establishing a positive credit history, and that failing to do so can severely limit […]
- What are Credit Reports and Credit Scores?
It’s pretty clear that there are some major benefits to maintaining a positive credit history, as good credit is central […]
- Everything You Need to Know About Balance Transfers
What do you do when you’ve gotten in over your head on your credit card payments and want to get […]
- Earn Money Toward a New GM Car with the BuyPower Card from Capital One
Planning to buy a new car? The BuyPower Card from Capital One offers hefty rewards that can be redeemed toward a new GM vehicle, plus additional benefits. Find out more.
Related Forum Posts
- Does BankAmericard Cash Rewards have a mandatory spend to get cash back rewards?
There is no minimum or "mandatory" amount you need to spend on the BankAmericard Cash Rewards card to receive cash back rewards. You'll earn[...]
- What is the minimum amount I need to earn with the BankAmericard Cash Rewards card to redeem cash back?
The BankAmericard Cash Rewards credit card requires a minimum of 2,500 points to redeem cash back for a statement credit or other use. Currently, you[...]
- How can I change my current credit card to the BankAmericard Cash Rewards card?
The best way to be sure exactly which rewards card you have is to contact Bank of America, although logging into your online account and comparing the[...]
- Can I get a lower APR with BankAmericard Cash Rewards?
Right now, the BankAmericard Cash Rewards credit card has a 12-month 0% intro APR on purchases, after which a variable APR of 13.24% - 23.24% will[...]
- Is BankAmericard Cash Rewards a chip card?
Yes, BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card is a chip card. It has a EMV chip, which makes this a chip and signature card that you can use in the U.S.[...]