The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express Review
Users will earn 2 points for each dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6K annually in purchases), and 1 point per dollar spent on everything else. On top of this, if you use your card to make purchases 20 or more times in a billing period, you'll get 20% more points on those purchases. So if you earned 1,000 points, it will automatically become 1,200 points. Additionally, you'll get 10,000 bonus point after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
The Membership Rewards points you earn can be redeemed for travel, entertainment, dining, online shopping (Amazon.com!), and merchandise. They can also be transferred to travel program partners, or used towards eligible card charges on your statement, giving you more flexibility in the way you use your points. Historically these Membership Rewards program points have only been available via Amex's charge cards, and not their credit cards, so the fact you can get them via the Amex Everyday card is a big deal. Overall this is a wise choice for anyone interested in the benefits that come with an Amex card - like Membership Rewards points, purchase protection and car rental insurance - but not interested in paying an annual fee.
Highlights From American Express
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can use Membership Rewards® points for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance, vacation or cruise booking.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.49% to 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms Apply.
- Earn 10,000 Membership Reward® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x).
- Earn 1x points on other purchases.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and get 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
- Points are not awarded for balance transfers, cash advances or various fees and charges from American Express.
- Redeem points for travel, entertainment, dining, merchandise and online shopping. You can also redeem your points toward eligible card charges like retail, dining, groceries and more.
- Transfer points to participating travel reward programs such as Delta Skymiles, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Blue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Hilton Honors and Starwood Preferred Guest.
- There are a wide variety of additional benefits and services, including early access to preferred seating at sought-after events with the Entertainment Access program.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.74%
- Penalty APR: 29.74%
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $38.
|Purchase APR:||0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable|
|Features:||10,000 bonus points after spending $1K in first 3 mos, 2 points per $1 spent at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6K annually, then 1 point), 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Terms apply.|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- My Experience Getting a Discover it – Cashback Match Credit Card
When considering a new credit card, it’s important to look at what the card can do for you as well […]
- What’s the Best Credit Card for Your Lifestyle?
Like so many other things in life, credit cards are not one size fits all. Depending on a host of […]
- Earn Up to $350 Back with This Limited-Time Offer from American Express
American Express (a NextAdvisor advertiser) just added a stellar limited-time offer to two of it’s top-rated cash back credit cards. […]
- Starwood Preferred Guest Cardholders Can Now Get Up to 35,000 Bonus Points
Are you a fan of Starwood Hotels, which includes popular names like The Ritz-Carlton, the Marriott and the Sheraton? If so, […]
Related Forum Posts
- Can I transfer more than one balance to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card?
You can perform more than one balance transfer from your existing credit card(s) to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card; however, there are a couple of[...]
- Does the 0% intro apply for existing AmEx Everyday Credit Card owners?
Unfortunately, if you are an existing owner of an AmEx Everyday Credit Card, the current introductory offers for 12 months 0% intro APR on purchases[...]
- Can I transfer my balance to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card?
Yes, you can absolutely transfer the balance from your existing credit card(s) to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card. What's more, this credit card offers[...]