The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express Review
Users will earn 3 points for each dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 annually in purchases), 2 points per dollar spent at U.S. gas stations, and 1 point per dollar spent on everything else. But the real bonus is the fact you can earn more points if you use your card frequently. If you use your card to make purchases 30 or more times in a billing period, you'll get an amazing 50% more points on those purchases. So if you earned 1,000 points, it will automatically become 1,500 points. That's a crazy great bonus for purchases you'd probably already be making. Plus, there's an additional bonus of 15,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months.
Historically the Membership Rewards program points you'll be earning were only available via Amex's charge cards, and not its credit cards, so the fact you can get them via The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express is a huge plus. The Membership Rewards points you earn can be redeemed for travel, dining, entertainment, online shopping (Amazon.com) and merchandise. They can also be transferred to travel program partners, or used towards eligible card charges on your statement, giving you more flexibility in the way you use your points.
Highlights From American Express
- Earn 15,000 Membership Reward® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Use your Card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 50% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- 3x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 2x points at US gas stations; 1x points on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- You can use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points to pay for all or part of your flight, hotel booked and paid in advance, vacation or cruise booking through amextravel.com.
- 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.49% to 23.49%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- Points do not expire.
- Earn 15,000 Membership Reward® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 3x points at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x).
- Earn 2x points at U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 1x points on other purchases.
- Use your Card 30 or more times on purchases in a billing period and get 50% more points on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply.
- Points are not awarded for balance transfers, cash advances or various fees and charges from American Express.
- Redeem points for travel, entertainment, dining, merchandise and online shopping. You can also redeem your points toward eligible card charges like retail, dining, groceries and more.
- Transfer points to participating travel reward programs such as Delta Skymiles, Hawaiian Airlines, Jet Blue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Hilton Honors and Starwood Preferred Guest.
- There are a wide variety of additional benefits and services, including early access to preferred seating at sought-after events with the Entertainment Access program.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $95
- Purchase APR: 0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.74%
- Penalty APR: 29.74%
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $38.
|Purchase APR:||0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.49%-23.49% Variable|
|Features:||15,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 in first 3 mos, 3 points per $1 spent at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6K annually, then 1 point), 2 points per $1 spent at U.S. gas stations, 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases. Terms apply.|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Cash Back vs. Travel Rewards: How to Decide Between the Two
Choosing a rewards credit card is not always an easy feat. While some consumers know exactly what they want, others […]
- Can a Balance Transfer Improve My Credit?
Credit is important in many aspects of life, both financial and otherwise, and if you are dealing with less-than-perfect (or […]
- What are Your Options for Dealing with a Debt Collector?
Having a debt in collections is no fun for many reasons, but most of all because debt collectors have the […]
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Points with the Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card
When it comes to choosing a travel rewards credit card, if you are a loyal customer of a specific airline, […]
Related Forum Posts
- Can I transfer more than one balance to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card?
You can perform more than one balance transfer from your existing credit card(s) to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card; however, there are a couple of[...]
- Does the 0% intro apply for existing AmEx Everyday Credit Card owners?
Unfortunately, if you are an existing owner of an AmEx Everyday Credit Card, the current introductory offers for 12 months 0% intro APR on purchases[...]
- Can I transfer my balance to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card?
Yes, you can absolutely transfer the balance from your existing credit card(s) to the AmEx Everyday Credit Card. What's more, this credit card offers[...]