Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express Review
This card stands out from its competition by always offering 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases, after that 1%). You'll also earn 2% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores like JCP, Sears, Nordstrom and Macy's, and all your other purchases will earn 1% cash back with no spending cap. Plus if you apply by 5/3/17 you'll earn 10% cash back on purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first 6 months you have the card (max $200 back). All this, and there is a $100 cash back bonus after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months you have the card. Or, if you're interested in a card that provides 6% back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6K in purchases), and a $150 intro bonus, check out the Blue Cash Preferred from American Express. This card will particularly appeal to anyone who spends a decent amount at supermarkets and gas stations. The fact that you earn this cash back automatically is particularly convenient, as some other cash back cards require you to sign up each quarter to receive additional cash back percentages.
If you're carrying a balance on another high-interest card, you can move it over to the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express and enjoy an interest-free 12 months, which can save you a bunch of money. Note that there is a 3% balance transfer fee, but it could be worth it - particularly if you're paying enough interest currently. To find out, use our free Balance Transfer Calculator which will do all the math for you and display how much you can save with each card. You can also utilize the 12-month 0% on purchases, not paying any interest for over a year on new purchases.
In addition you'll get great AmEx perks like roadside assistance, car rental insurance and travel accident insurance. Plus your purchases will be safeguarded by purchase protection, extended warranty and return protection. You'll also enjoy exclusive access to ticket presales and cardmember-only events.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a terrific combination of cash back rewards with $100 intro bonus and a 12-month 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases. Not to mention there is no annual fee. If you use a credit card frequently at supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations and department stores, Blue Cash Everyday may be your best choice.
Highlights From American Express
- Limited Time Offer: Apply by 5/3/17 – Earn 10% cash back on purchases at U.S. Restaurants in the first 6 months, up to $200 back.
- Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Everyday Cash Back: 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 2% at U.S. gas stations; 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.74% to 23.74%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms Apply.
- Get $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive $100 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn 10% cash back on purchases at U.S. Restaurants in the first 6 months, up to $200 back. Must apply by 5/3/17 to qualify.
- Earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (excluding superstores and warehouse clubs) up to $6,000. After the first $6,000 of purchases in a calendar year users will earn 1% cash back.
- Earn 2% at U.S. gas stations and department stores with no spending cap.
- Earn 1% on all other eligible purchases with no spending cap.
- Redeem reward dollars for statement credits in increments of $25 whenever your total available reward dollar balance is $25 or more.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.74%-23.74% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months, then 13.74%-23.74% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $38
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.99%
- Penalty APR: 29.99%
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $38.
|Features:||Earn 10% cash back at US restaurants in the first 6 mos ($200 max), 3% cash back at US supermarkets (up to $6K), 2% cash back on US gas & select dept stores, 1% cash back on other purchases. $100 bonus after spending $1K in first 3 mos. Terms apply.|
|Purchase APR:||0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.74%-23.74% Variable|
|Balance Transfer APR:||0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months, then 13.74%-23.74% Variable|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- Can I Decline a Credit Card if I Change My Mind?
Applying for a new credit card is an exciting and somewhat nerve-racking experience. Whether you’re hoping to be approved for […]
- We Learned All About the Upgrades Coming to The Platinum Card from American Express
Three of the NextAdvisor employees (myself included) got the opportunity to attend a special event at the Ritz-Carlton in San […]
- Which Airline-Branded Credit Cards are Best for Frequent Flyers?
If you fly frequently, whether it’s for business or leisure, you likely have a favorite airline that you choose to […]
- Get a 0% Intro APR on Purchases with These Credit Cards
We talk a lot about credit cards with long 0% intro APR periods on balance transfers, but what if you’re […]
Related Forum Posts
- Is Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express ideal for someone looking to build their credit?
Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express is not an ideal credit card for someone with credit scores less than 700, as it requires good to[...]
- Can I earn 3% cash back with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express at Walmart?
According to the information provided on the American Express website, Walmart is not a qualifying grocery store or department store. To qualify for[...]
- Is it possible to receive a higher intro bonus offer with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express than advertised?
Sometimes, depending on a person's credit and other factors, it is possible that you might be offered a bigger bonus than what you see advertised on[...]
- Can I redeem Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express rewards to my bank account?
- Can I earn the $100 bonus from Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express through a balance transfer?
No, in order to qualify for the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express $100 cash back bonus, you must make $1,000 worth of purchases within the[...]