Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express Review
This card stands out from its competition by always offering 3% cash back at US supermarkets (on up to $6,000 in purchases, after that 1%). You'll also earn 2% cash back at US gas stations and select US department stores like JCP, Sears, Nordstrom and Macy's, and all your other purchases will earn 1% cash back. And as a special offer, you'll earn 5% back on travel purchases during the first 6 months you have the card (up to a max of $200 cash back). All this, and there is a $100 cash back bonus after you spend $1,000 in the first 3 months you have the card. Or, if you're interested in a card that provides 6% back at US supermarkets (up to $6K in purchases), and a $150 intro bonus, check out the Blue Cash Preferred from American Express. This card will particularly appeal to anyone who spends a decent amount at supermarkets and gas stations, as well as those who plan to book travel in the first 6 months they have the card. The fact that you earn this cash back automatically is particularly convenient, as some other cash back cards require you to sign up each quarter to receive additional cash back percentages.
If you're carrying a balance on another high-interest card, you can move it over to the Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express and enjoy an interest-free 12 months, which can save you a bunch of money. Note that there is a 3% balance transfer fee, but it could be worth it - particularly if you're paying enough interest currently. To find out, use our free Balance Transfer Calculator which will do all the math for you and display how much you can save with each card. You can also utilize the 12-month 0% on purchases, not paying any interest for over a year on new purchases.
In addition you'll get great AmEx perks like roadside assistance, car rental insurance and travel accident insurance. Plus your purchases will be safeguarded by purchase protection, extended warranty and return protection. You'll also enjoy exclusive access to ticket presales and cardmember-only events.
The Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express is a terrific combination of cash back rewards with $100 intro bonus and a 12-month 0% intro APR on balance transfers and purchases. Not to mention there is no annual fee. If you use a credit card frequently at supermarkets, gas stations and department stores, Blue Cash Everyday may be your best choice.
- Special Offer - Earn 5% cash back on eligible travel purchases in the first 6 months, up to $200.
- Plus, earn $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 3 months.
- You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
- Everyday Cash Back: 3% at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%); 2% at U.S. gas stations; 1% on other purchases. Terms and limitations apply.
- No rotating reward categories. No enrollment required.
- Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit. You can only earn cash back on eligible purchases.
- No annual fee. Plus, 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months, then a variable rate, currently 13.24% to 23.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors.
- Terms and Conditions apply.
- Unlimited cash back rewards.
- Get $100 back after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. You will receive $100 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn 3% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (excluding superstores and warehouse clubs) up to $6,000. After the first $6,000 of purchases in a calendar year users will earn 1% cash back.
- Earn 2% at U.S. gas stations and department stores.
- Earn 1% on all other eligible purchases.
- Redeem reward dollars for statement credits in increments of $25 whenever your total available reward dollar balance is $25 or more.
Fees and APR
- Annual Fee: $0
- Purchase APR: 0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.24%-23.24% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer APR: 0% on Balance Transfers for 12 months, then 13.24%-23.24% Variable, based on creditworthiness.
- Balance Transfer Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.7% of each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $37
- Cash Advance Fee: Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
- APR for Cash Advances: 25.49%
- Penalty APR: 29.49%
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $37.
|Purchase APR:||0% on Purchases for 12 months, then 13.24%-23.24% Variable|
|Features:||Earn 5% back on travel purchases made in first 6 mos (max of $200 back), 3% cash back at US supermarkets (up to $6K), 2% cash back on US gas & select dept stores; 1% cash back on other purchases. $100 bonus after spending $1K in first 3 mos. Terms apply.|
|Credit Needed:||Excellent, Good|
NextAdvisor Credit Cards Blog Headlines
- What Kind of Balances Can I Transfer to My Credit Card?
The benefits of performing a balance transfer are plentiful, allowing you to take advantage of a new credit card with […]
- Get a $300 Cash Back Bonus with the Ink Cash Business Credit Card
Effective today you can earn a $300 cash back bonus with the Ink Cash Business Credit Card. Learn how and read more about the card's generous ongoing cash back rewards
- Earn 2 Free Nights with the Starwood Preferred Guest Business Credit Card from American Express
If you’re a business owner who frequently stays at any Starwood hotels and resorts, like the Sheraton or The Westin, […]
- Best Secured Credit Cards for Rebuilding Your Credit
Whether you have poor credit or no credit, there are still opportunities for you to work toward improving your credit […]
Related Forum Posts
- Will applying online for the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express get me a card number instantly?
No, when you apply online for any credit card, including the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express, if you are approved then you must wait for[...]
- What supermarkets earn 3% cash back with the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express?
Publix and Krogers DO qualify as supermarkets with the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express and purchases there will earn 3% cash back (on up[...]
- Does Walmart qualify as a supermarket with the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express?
According to the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express terms and conditions FAQ, Walmart does not qualify as a supermarket. However, Walmart[...]
- What department stores get 2% cashback with Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express?
According to the American Express rep we chatted with, purchases made at the following department stores will earn 2% cash back rewards with the Blue[...]
- Do Costco purchases earn 3% cashback with the Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express?
Costco purchases do not earn the high 3% cash back rewards as they are considered a "superstore". However, they do earn the standard 1%[...]