Are you feeling like it's time for a career change? Bored with your job? Want to get more out of your career? We've all been there. The first step is deciding that you want to make a change. The next step is figuring out a plan of action. While it is possible to hit the reset button on your career in a number of different ways, the easiest way is going back to school, for a number of reasons.
1. School is the perfect place to learn another skill set. If you are looking to get into another career field entirely, college is the perfect place to learn an entirely new skill set. And in many cases, you don't even need to start from scratch. Many colleges will allow transfer credits from other schools, even if you already have your Bachelor's degree somewhere else. This will help you by-pass many of the pre-requisite classes and focus on your new field of study.
2. An advanced degree opens more doors for you. If you actually like the field you work in but just can't seem to advance past your current job or level, an advanced degree may be your answer. Many management or specialized jobs require higher levels of education, whether that be an MBA or just more education within a given subject. Getting that education can give you more freedom to move around within your industry.
3. You have the school's internship and job placement resources. Colleges have a wide range of job placement resources that can help you find the right job for you. From job boards to career counselors, it is smart to take advantage of the wide range of services that are offered to you.
4. It's easy. Well, it's easier today than it was in the past. With night and weekend classes, you don't have to miss any work. And online colleges make it even easier, letting you do your school work and take tests on your own time. So you can go to school at your own pace so you don't feel overwhelmed.
5. It can open a lot of networking doors. It's all about who you know, and college is a great place to meet students, professors, lecturers and other colleagues that can help you connect with the right people to help jump start your new career. Make sure you take every opportunity to connect and network with everyone you can, because you never know which new connection can help you land a job.Online Colleges and Universities